Monday, July 31, 2006

Started Weaning

Started weaning my baby this weekend as it's easier to do it with Dave's help. He kept crying 'Mama' when Dave was feeding him and I had to disappear from his sight. I resisted from going to him as my heart softened when he cried for me.

The sinus infection had gotten so bad that I woke up in the middle of the night wincing in pain. Therefore, I had to start a course of medication and I don't want him to take in all these drugs. I'm pretty glad that I have tried my best so far and can wean him without feeling any guilt. Perhaps it's due to my family background that causes me to want to do my best for my child. This is something which not everyone can understand. I can see results in what I have sown into his life. For example, I really want him to be a happy baby so since he was 6 weeks old, I have been smiling, and smiling, and smiling at him to show him that I am happy to be with him. Now, so many friends have told me that he is a smiley baby as he smiles most of the time.

Two weeks ago, Luke saw baby Samuel waving at him in church and he waved back (to my surprise). Since then, he has began to wave at people when others wave bye-bye at him. He would never wave bye-bye at his own parents, he doesn't like us to leave him.
Yesterday in church, he saw some toddlers clapping to the worship music, he began to do the same too and kept clapping every now and then. I conclude that it is good for babies to meet up other children and socialize, and it is good for children to go to church :)

I had the privilege of doing consolidation duty at the church yesterday and I felt very encouraged as I met the young NUS student from Brunei who received Christ into her heart. I felt a lot of joy and as I shared with her how a Christian life is like and prayed for her. It takes a miracle from God for someone to believe in Jesus! I don't mind doing this consolidation duty once every month!

No comments: