Friday, March 09, 2007

How to get him to eat?

My son has been finicky about food since a month ago. So now I have change the menu everyday and find out what he likes to eat. Recently, I tried a new way of cooking stew beef and he loves it.
Ingredients:
beef cut into cubes,
carrots cut into cubes(and any other vege),
a small slice of ginger,
1 star aniseed.

Fry the beef in a saucepan till brown. Transfer the beef into a slow cooker pot and fill with hot water just enough to cover the beef. Add all other ingredients and let the slow cooker cook at high temperature for at least an hour.

He can feed himself now using a spoon but he loves to play with food and cause a mess. Feeding him can take more than half an hour. Cleaning up takes another half an hour.

He is a smart boy, he started speaking phrases like " More, water" and "More, please" since he was 15 months old. And now he likes to tell me the different types of vehicles whenever we are outside (i.e. taxi, bus, car).

I am glad that I don't have to specially teach him things like a teacher, he learns well when I tell him about things when we go shopping in a supermarket, walk to the MRT station, sing songs and even when we are taking a bus.

As for me, I am trying to learn to sugar-coat my words as I tend to speak my mind. Not everyone can take the truth even if I speak out of love and concern for them.

No comments: